What punishment is fitting for those that torture children?

I had to write a paper on chemical castration for child molestors, but besides the death penalty what should we be doing to those that tortue and murder innocent children?

Let's try to be creative...

I am a firm believer in a na eye for an eye so I believe that how ever they tortured that child, they themselves should be tortured, with one exception, they can not be alllowed to die. That's the easy way out in my opinion.

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I like your idea!!!!! bumped ya!

Answer by older at 2:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• eyes,hands,and genitalia removed with a rusty spoon!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i agree with you. but for some reason that is considered cruel and unusual punishment, even though it is what they did to a CHILD.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I like and believe your idea is best too - that's what me and hubby think should happen - eye for and eye baby..!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Im totaly in agreement with you! And jennifer588 is so very right...
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 2:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I will never understand why anyone would want to torture/molest a child..i agree with you
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 2:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Jennifer, I agree with you. it is outrageous to me that they are calling it cruel and unusual to do anything besides lethal injection... I mean how can people read the case files of what these maniacs put these babies through and say let's just put him to sleep, no biggie...
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Give them a gun and let them shoot themselves.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 2:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Cut off their penis: they'll never rape another kid.
    Cut off their hands: they'll never touch another kid.
    Cut off their voice: they'll never talk to another kid.
    Cut off their legs: they'll never go near another kid.
    Then just leave them all together in a cage and only feed them the bare necessities to keep them alive.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm a fan of "corporal" punishment, always have been... In countries where canings and loss of limb are a real threat in cases like these there are MANY MANY less cases!

Now, that said... I don't know that I could put a name on what should or shouldn't be done in these cases... I'm also a huge fan of the Death Penalty, but I don't think a first offense should ever be a DP case if there is no death involved in the case. But I wouldn't take life in prison off the table... or medical testing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010