giong on a date on saturday, any suggestions on a cheap/free date?

We are on a VERY tight budget right now. My husband and I have not had a date in a LONG time and we are having a baby sometime in September as well, so really could use the alone time. I just have no idea what we can do. I want to do something different too... not like dinner and a movie. I want it to be fun and interesting, but I feel like I can't come up with things anymore. Any suggestions? (btw we live in So. CA... but my husband HATES the beach :(

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• We recently took a drive along the Mulholland Highway and stopped at a scenic viewpoint that overlooked the Hollywood Bowl and the Hollywood Sign. We could hear the music from the Bowl drifting up to us, but couldn't identify the group playing. It was really refreshing to be up in the mountain air around dusk.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 5:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Where in So. Cal........ how about packing a little something yummy and watching the Disney fireworks from the top of a parking garage or if you are down further south you could watch the Seaworld fireworks from one of the parks on the bay.

What about a walk through one of the beach cities and an ice cream cone.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Any nearby ponds? You could take a walk, feed some ducks, go fishing.. picnic in the park.. go stargazing.. I don't really know what there is to do in SoCal (I'm in Maine, haha) but try to go somewhere you've never been before!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 2:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Oh how I miss those fireworks at 9:50pm everynight at Sea World!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 2:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Park and a picnic? In CT they have a park with a huge garden and they have free concerts, not sure if you have anything like that around you. When I'm looking for something new to do, I will google fun activities or something you are looking to do. If you have other kids, I would say get them a sleepover for the night and have a nice dinner, rent a movie and spend the night in together. Window shopping? Not sure what you have out in CA.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We have a Free zoo in MN that has a great park area picnic area/ beautiful flower conservatory then a walk through the zoo - If there is anything like that in your area, you coudl do that :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• sorry to mention... my husband hates the outdoors lol... I love it!!! But maybe if its night time he wouldn't mind... he just hates bugs flying in his face lol. We live semi close to Disneyland so that may be ok, except for the crowds on a saturday night is not so good :( We live by the moutains, maybe I'll ask him if he wants to go up there.
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do ROLE PLAYING! My hubby and i pretend we're still dating and it's so much fun. I act flirty and he acts flirty too and well you know the rest hehe We usually go to Hollywood or Santa Monica and take a stroll. But the whole time we're role playing. IT works! =)
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 3:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lol, sounds like fun, but I'm not sure how fun that is being 8 months pregnant and feeling huge!!!
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you were in Chicago, I would tell you to go to one of the (free) street fairs.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010