My 8 month old son has a really bad cough.....

I took him to the doctor and he prescribed me medication but it doesnt go away. His been having the cough for over a week now. Is there anything else that i can at home to help him? i have the vaporizer and rub baby rub on his chest and back but it doesnt seem to work... Any advice is more than welcome

proudmom84

Asked by proudmom84 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would honestly take him bback to the Dr. a cough that hasnt gone aay after antibiotics and has lasted as long as his has I would go back. Is he around other kids at all? I would check for RSV if he has. Lucien had that and there's nothing any antibiotic can do, we were in the hospital 4 days with him until his blood oxygen went up, and the test they have to do for it involves rinsing the nasal cavity and ucien didnt even test positive for it and they kept him 4 days "just in case"
    Hope this helps!
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 11:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2008