9 MONTH OLD NO TEETH AND IS NOT CRAWLING????

WHAT SHOULD I DO AND SHOULD I WORRY IS MY FIRST BABY BUT PEOPLE TELL ME NOT TO WORRY AND THAT SOME BABIES ARE LATE SHE CAN SIT AND IF I PUT HER ON HER TUMMY SHE ROLLS BUT I GIVE HER ENOUGH TUMMY TIME AND SHE JUST LAYS THERE AND I EVEN PUT THINGS AROUND HER AND STILL NOTHING BUT SHE IS SMART IN OTHER THINGS. NEED AN ADVICE AND THANKS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every kid is different..don't worry!=)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my son started crawling and pulling himself up around 9 months. he did it all at once. i was kinda worried because he was older but hes fine, started walking at 11.5 months old. as for the teeth. some babies don't even have 1 tooth when they turn 1...if your really worried i would talk to you pedi..
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• There's no need to worry about teeth until they hit 18 months, and then they get tested for thyroid isses. My daughter went without for 17 mos, and it drove me crazy. But they eventually got there!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not all kids actually crawl. As long as she can get wherever she wants by some means,its all good. My son didn't get his 1st tooth til 14 months,then it was like bing,bing,bing! They all came in within a month or 2.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Don't worry. She's probably totally fine. My son started right at 9 months, and it seemed like it came out of no where. One day he started crawling, and has been all over the place since. Some babies never crawl. Discuss all of this with her doctor, but don't worry. And the teeth thing...that's probably totally fine too. I've actually heard that the later they get their teeth, the healthier the teeth tend to be. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I worried with my son at this age too, but I promise, just enjoy her. she will be fine and if not, your Dr will let you know. all milestones are just very general
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Mama, don't worry!Take a breath! My youngest LO didnt crawl till he was 9 1/2 months. He had no interest in crawling either. Anytime I would put him on his tummy he freaked. But then one day he went on his own tummy and started to crawl. As long as the doctors say she's fine then she is.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• dude calm down LOLE. some babies never crawl, it's not even a milestone. anyway, my baby didn't show any interest in crawling at all until she suddenly took off at 11 months, and her first tooth didn't show up till 16 months.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Dont worry too much. When i was baby sitting I had this little boy that did not get any teeth until he was a year and a week old. I thought it was strange but the came in so dont worry about that. When it comes to crawling they also say that that can take a while so i would not stress to mucn not yet!
    Mommy8118

Answer by Mommy8118 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My nephew never crawled, but one day my brother was dropping him off at the babysitter's house and my nephew walked over to him and grabbed on to his leg cause he didn't want him to go. lol I think he was a little over 1 at that point.

As far as teeth the later they come in the healthier the teeth tend to be. I really wouldn't worry until approximately 18 months and at that point it may be time for the doctor to run a few simple tests. If you are really worried just let your daughter's doctor know.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010