Can i use two different types of bottles.

I have been using the playtex dropins, and they are my favorites. I had an accident last night and when i was boiling them, i left it on too long and boiled the water out and melted some of my bottles. i went to the store this morning to but more, but thet didn't have any of the 4 oz ones at the time ( live in a very small town and our walmart doesn't have crap) so i got some of the gerber nuk one. Will it bo okay to use both or will it be confusing? My daughter is 3 months. And does anyone know, and they okay in not letting the get a lot of air. The only kind walmart had at the time was the gerber ones, parents choice, soothie, and br browns (which i started out using and my daughter didn't like them I think the nipple was to small. she seems to like the big nipples).

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 11:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just re-use the bottle part. They don't get dirty! Use a new nipple and drop in. That should tide you over until you can get some new bottles. Good luck Momma!
    KatsMom921

Answer by KatsMom921 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If your daughter doesn't have any objections to the new bottles (meaning that she'll use them), then is shouldn't be a problem. Also, drop-ins say all over them "WARNING: Do not microwave or boil. Liner may burst and result in injury."
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You don't really have to boil the Playtex bottles since the liners are the parts that hold the milk. Just wash them in soapy water. Anyway... if she'll take another bottle, you can use another bottle.
    paganpiratemama

Answer by paganpiratemama at 11:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It wouldn't be a problem to use a different bottle if she doesn't object.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 12:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I used both gerber and playtex drop ins. My little ones didn't care. In fact the Gerber nipples even fit the Playtex bottle rings. Buy the bottle liners that don't drop-in (the other ones fold over the rim of the bottle) and put the liners in the gerber bottles till u can find more playtex bottles. That way you can still get the air out or buy 8 oz playtex bottles and use the 4 oz liners. Just squeeze the air out fromthe bottom using a spoon.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• The only part that they will have an objection to is sometimes the nipples.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I swear by the playtex bottles. they do not let any air in at all. As for the nuk I have fed other peoples baby and would never use them. You can also buy wide Dr. Brown's bottles on the internet. They are the only other bottle I used and liked. Walmart.com has them and you might beable to get free shipping to the store. In the long run the only thing that matters is that your baby is eating. Good luck!!
    kittywags

Answer by kittywags at 1:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• As long as she is okay with it, go for it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2008