Remember that story of the 2 boys?...

I've gotten this chain email a few times asking people to sign so that a specific judge in the UK wouldn't release 2 young men accused of kidnapping, torturing and then killing a 2 yo boy when they were 10, AFTER being given life sentences. Its a very sad story if you delve deeper into it. Anyway, the judge ended up releasing the boys after they served very short sentences, and even gave them whole new identities upon release so that their horrific crime wouldn't follow them for the rest of their lives. Now, one of the boys has been arrested 17 years after the crime for possesion/distribution of CP.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38376529/ns/world_news-europe/
What do yall hafta say or think? This man re-offended again...I'm just curious on every take on this subject

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 2:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That judge is freaking stupid! He should have never given them new identities. Life sentence for a 10 year old seems harsh but, well deserved. I can't believed they were released. I bet that judge feels stupid now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They gave them new names to protect them?!?!?!?! Those children weren't protected from those PERVS!! UGHHHH...this is stupid!! I vote LIFE IN PRISON for both!!! & I would hope they get tortured every single day!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The judge felt bad that the boys were so young, and didn't want the crime to haunt them when they were older, so she gave them entirely new identities
    nappeal

Comment by nappeal (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thta is horrible, none of this boys should be out of jail!!!! It is really sad that they are even being protected, they don't deserve anything good.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 2:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• what about family of the litlle boy??? At 10 years old they know what is good and what is bad I don't think that must to be an excuse.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 2:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I remember this story well. I actually did a report on it in college about child offenders. It is such a shame that James Bulger's life was lost for nothing, this sick man was allowed to go out and have a full life.... While James wasn't given that chance and now only God knows how many more children he has possibly hurt. This is when "street justice" will end up happening because the UK court system failed this family.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• they should have had a lot of treatment and jail time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's unfortunate but these type of things happen all the time.Not only our court system, but all Justice Systems really need a thorough looking at & changes where they need to be.Just last week,2 men were let out after doing 17 yrs. for rape.DNA proved that these men did not do the crime they were convictedof.so...it goes both ways.How many more men & women are doing time for a xrime they didn't commit.Our Justice System needs a big overhaul.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• read this first case on cirmelibrary from when they were kids... he was the one who actually molested that boy... Hello red flags judge!
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I dont remember this story but... the judge excercised Grace and its sad the 17 yr old decided to abuse it.
    I think the judge had every intention of giving these boys a second chance. Yes 10 year olds may know right from wrong but they do not know nor fully understand the consequences of their actions. At that age the reasoning part of their brain is not fully developed. Even at 17 it still isnt... not until 20's.
    The boys should have gotten counseling and guidance all their life. Giving knew identities only helped those on the outside but you cannot change what went on in the inside.. those boys carried that truama with them in their minds. Its bound to break loose if you look at this from a psychological point of view... unless they had help all along to heal, forgive and be forgiven. No the crime is never forgotten but the heart , mind and spirit can heal and be free again.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010