SAHM...

I have a friend who is divorced and always tries to give hints that i should work... usually by saying, "yup.. I went to work like people should do!"
Well she calls me all the time on lunch breaks and after work, expecting me to listen to her crap about men and her exroom mate who is controlled by a man.
I feel like teling her to shut the hell up or something, but I want to be nice... after all she is my friend. I have known her for 17 years.
Anywya's what would you do?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 3:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Just say your too busy being a mom that you don't have time to listen to her whining:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 3:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would just tell her that there is nothing wrong with stay at home mommies. It is a job within itself, lol. And quit answering her phone calls when she calls on her breaks, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i would let her know it is bothering me
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Friends are not judgemental. Next time she says something like that say something smartass back...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• next time she brings it up tell her that you will just have to agree to disagree on that subject.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Let her know it hurts your feelings when she bashes your choice, and that if she doesn't agree, maybe she could at least keep her oppinion to herself....it's not like you don't already know how she feels....

If she keeps it up, she's not much of a friend, and I would let her go.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 3:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Dnt answer.say u joind the Y or somethin
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• sounds like she thinks that you aren't busy during the day. Maybe when she calls just tell her you can't talk, the kids are keeping you really busy. As for the hints about you needing to go to work, tell her that you do have a job, just because you don't go to an office each day, doesn't mean you don't have a job.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• P.S. The only time it is better for a mom to work, when the kids are younger, is if the family is struggeling and they need the extra income - then the mom should get of her butt and get to work.
    Other than that, being a SAHM is the most benneficial thing a mom can do for the kids and IMO the only right choice to make !!!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 3:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• just tell her what you feel, and if she's a true friend she'll total understand.

Nynne- With an intact family and quality daycare, dual income families are more than able to raise attached, intelligent, secure and independent children. To think otherwise is beyond preposterous. The only "right" choice is whatever the individual family decides.

I think my working part time, and my husband being home when I took some call on weekends etc, only enhanced who our children have become.

For the young moms, working moms do not damage children.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010