another depressed post

i know i need to seek help and im trying to. im in counseling but im a totally different person when im out and about. i have told my counselor that im a different person and he said its probably that im so exhausted from pretending to be the perfect parent that i just sit. he said that i should set aside a half hour to calm down and relax after i get home but that then i need to get up. my problem is that once i sit i cant seem to make myself get up. i will get up and do somethng halfass and then sit back down. i have dirty dishes that cover my kitchen and a mess of clean clothes, drty clothes, papers, toys and well just a mess of things on my living room floor. then there is my sons room that is so messy that you cant walk in it. i feel like a horrible mother. my son got a little scratch on the back of his arm cause he fell in his room and hit a drawer that he pulled out and i havent put away. then today he fell and (cont)

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• scratched his stomach really badly. i feel like i could have prevented it by just putting that stupid drawer away. i just feel like a lazy horrible and unmotivated mother. i feel like i shouldnt be a mother but i also feel like i need my kids to keep me alive... and thats an even scarier thought. i dont know what to do. i feel like if i dont feel needed that there is no point to life. im a single mother who isnt working and cant seem to get a call back. what can i do to make me feel better!!!! what can i do to make myself better!!!!!!!!!
    mommy06and09

Comment by mommy06and09 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think you need to go to a doctor and see if you can get on some sort of medication. It might be out of control, and you don't have to feel this way. Hope you feel better soon.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am sorry you are feeling this way mommy.. I get like this SO often. I have no advice as I do the best I can each day but can be your friend to be here and support you - I make a list of 5 simple easy tasks a day and MAKE myself do them - not an unrealistic list either, little things a little at a time. I also have depression and anxiety and adhd - this all combined makes it very hard to keep an organized lifestyle but I am wokring on it.. daily!! forever.. I can't give up - you can't either -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• get some friends or family member to come and help you out. find time for yourself
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You have to get help in 2 knids of way,1st get help mentally,2nd get help so you can get back on track. Now,I know ,what I am going to say,may seem harsh,but,you sound a little lazy too,if,you have time to write down,you lefted a drawer out,and, your precious child hurt himmsef 2 times due to a drawer being lefted,why not pick the drawer up for your childs safety. When, your son is getting hurt due to you being negligent,this is serious.I do hope all things work out for you and your family.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• This is not the right therapist for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010