What is your favorite childhood memory?

Color us a picture of your favorite childhood memory.

Esmrlda

Asked by Esmrlda at 3:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My cousins would come to NC from GA. They were (are) my best friends. I would sleep on the living room floor so I wouldn't miss them arriving at about 6:00 AM. They did this for years. They would come, spend a week with us, go to the river to our grandparents cottage and spend 2 weeks there, and then back with us for another week. When we all got older, they would come spend the summer and help put in tobacco. I just loved it when it was time for them to arrive.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Going fishing with my grandfather at 4 in the morning, and having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast and banana sandwiches for lunch
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The Christmas were there was no money and my father cried when he gave me one gift. I will never forget because he tried to hard to make money and couldn't and all the other Christmases were so abundant he felt shame, but he created an unforgetable moment for me. I still miss him, he has been gone 25 years and I still miss him!

Answer by older at 3:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Can I name two?

1. When we lived in KS when I was a little girl, I had 2 best friends and my parents were friends with their parents. We'd all hang out together. Us kids would play, our parents would sit around and talk. Well, about once or twice a month, we'd all gather up in our parent's vehicles and go to this taco place and get a ton of tacos. Then we'd park somewhere and sit in the back of our dads' pickup trucks and eat and then play. Best stinkin' tacos I ever had in my life.

2. We lived in Germany after KS and my mom and I would go at least 2-3 times a month to a different cafe on the German side of the town we lived in. We would each get a slice of cake or pie and I would have hot chocolate with whipped cream and my mom would have coffee. Then maybe a little shopping afterwards. I really enjoyed doing that. And of course I also enjoyed traveling to all the different little towns in Germany too.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Going to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm every summer with my family.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Mine is playing at my grandmas and she had this green carpet and a little people playhouse with everything that went with it I remember the carpet was the grass
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 2:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010