yard sale help!

i want to hang the clothes. lots of babies and some mens' dress suits/clothes but dont really have a clothes line or anything else to hang them from -- any suggestions - even if i have to put them on the table - what would motivate someone to see them. look through them?.. help me out.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 3:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Do you have a garage? We have opened our garage and made a line with rope across it. Also, if you have a fence, you can hang them from it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I've seen people put two chairs back to back and have a line going between them to hang shirts and shorter items on.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• umm got any fishing line and a car port?
    if you put them on the table have several tables lined up and have one table for babie clothes and one table for womens,mens, etc.
    you would be surpised. one time i had a free yardsale jsut to get ride of my stuff but ti was going to rain and i was going to cancel it but b4 i had a chance to i had ppl lineing up outside my DOOR to come in and look threw my stuff!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do you have a wooden clothes dryer rack, You could put little hangers on these with items. I've got those bedside blanket or throw hangers that look like a piece of furniture, they'd work to hang stuff on. Or make your own rack of bars out of dowels or curtain rods (heavy duty enough of course in case of wind) Perhaps if you strun out line on your front porch between the posts or pillars. I've seen sellers put line from one rail to the other right across their front steps going up to the porch, so you'd need to use your side door to go in and out. A wooden blanket holder (they are old fashioned) mentioned it ; but rementioning ! : )
    And last just lay the clothes on the yard over the top of a tarp or some plastic sheeting, or a sheet off the bed. Put them into piles for sizes.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• you could tie a rope around 2 trees if there are any in your yard. My neighbor has some old clothing racks that she uses plus uses tables. Or you can lay some thing on the ground and put the clothing on it. Might work better if you have a drive way so you don't mess up your grass. How ever it will not be there that long so you should not have to worry about it.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You can also run a pole between dressers, ladders, etc. I do think having items hanging, at least for grown-up clothes, does make people more likely to look through them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• you could by one of those stand alone racks/hanger ranks for under $20 at Target (or Walmart).
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• get a cheap rack to use
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• we acutally hang wire/rope from the rafters in the garage, and string a pipe or wooden dowl between them for sales... and use it to hang clothing from. Along the back wall or side walls is great, leaving space for tables in the center.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2010