Do you work out?

I don't lol, but I didn't before either. I know some doctors say it's ok to continue to work out if you have been before pregnancy. The only thing that I do that is "working out" during pregnancy is that I tend to park further away and I walk more often, take the stairs vs elevator etc.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 3:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope, I never worked out during pregnancy
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't work out.. But I do like you, I walk whenever possible. It is healthy to stay relatively active during your pregnancy. Supposedly staying active can cause an easier labor. Not sure if that is 100 percent true or not though.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have actually heard the same thing xxlimomma09. I wonder if it's true, I'll never know!
    cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Its healthy for you to work out they say labor and delivery will be a lot easier on your body if youve worked out or at least done some kind of workout ,ut if you havnt done anything at all until now I dont know if youll put more strain on your body by starting to work out now I guess it all depends on how far along you are now if early in the pregnancy then yes I most def would start maybe on a treadmill a fast paced walk. But in the end its up to you just enjoy your pregnancy
    peanuts2804

Answer by peanuts2804 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think it's ok as long as you dont make much effort, it depends on your pregnancy,, and I think it's best to ask a specialist about what kind of exercise is suitable for you now,,,

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 3:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm 27 weeks 3 days pregnant with my 2nd. With my first I just did the same just walked a lot more you know and didn't eat fast food as much. But I kindof do want to start on the treadmill because this time around I started out weighing as much as I did when I was 41 weeks lol.

cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I didn't much before I got pregnant but I walked at least a mile almost everyday for like the last 5 months or so of my pregnancy. I had loads of energy during my pregnancy (weird, I know) plus my friend just had a baby so we went on daily walks just to get out of the house, not really for "exercise" lol. I do believe it helped my easy labor & delivery though. Sad to say it's been almost 2 years since I had those daily walks! Now I just get exercise in where I can.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Well I would g2 the gym n walk n power walk....also crawling helps a lot....sex is also a work out ;)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010