If I have a really low pulse, does that mean I have less of a chance of getting high blood pressure or bad circulation and other heart related issues?

My dr. is always remarking on how low me puls is (I am 5.5 and 200 lbs.), she say's it's the pulse of a merathon runner or other athlet, which I'm obviously not, nor have I ever been.

I always forget to ask her, what that exactly means for my body, so I'm comming to my mom's now - can someone clearify it for me?

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 3:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• I have a low pulse and high blood pressure also. So I don't think it means you have less of a chance. Write yourself a note and stick it in your purse/diaper bag so next time you see your doctor you will hopefully remember to ask.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I guess I'll have to - Thanx for the info :)
    Nynne

Comment by Nynne (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010