When your kid was finally potty trained, how many useless diapers did you have left?

We had two unopened packs, which I took back and exchanged for some packs of new panties and a "big girl" outfit. :-)
We also had an opened pack that had only one taken out of it that I put on freecycle. It was picked up within 30 minutes :-)
The night before she woke up dry and decided not to use them anymore, we opened the new pack and used it. Would have been nice if she'd made that decision the night before, but oh well, they got used.
How many did your kid leave you with? What did you do with them?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• None. I waited until I used the last one and then started. I preplanned. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We probably have half a bag of diapers, half a bag of pull ups, and half a pack of swim diapers. I am going to donate them to local shelter for battered women or the children's hospital.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do not remember how many were left however I can tell you I gave the unused ones to a friend. So they were not wasted.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• None -- we use cloth diapers!

I kept the ones I had not re-sold from my older DD since we found out that suprise, baby #3! LOL So now my second daughter uses the diapers and I am passing the ones she outgrows on to my SIL who wants to use cloth on her baby when he is born.

So the dipes I had from when older DD potty learned will be used on at least 3 babies...... No plastic diapers in land fills for 500 years from us and no chemical burns from teh harsh things in disposables diapers for my kiddos.
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 4:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i used both cloth and throwaways. had too. i kept the cloth, but gave like six packs to the local baby center. they give it to those who can't afford them or need them in a pinch. they got used by ones who needed them.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We used a mix of cloth and 'sposies. I still have the cloth, hoping to need them again some day. We only had a few 'sposies left, maybe 5 or 6. I just gave them to a friend.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I hope i have zero.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• All of them (we used cloth). We gave some to friends, used some as cleaning rags

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010