my one month and half son does not want anyone to lie him down for anything anything at all. he cries cries. even if we lie him down for a few seconds. what should i do i cannot hold him 24/7 thats impossible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a baby carrier, or a wrap. Hes little, it is possible. I've done it twice.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It IS possible, use a wrap/sling/carrier. I simply couldn't let my helpless little ones lie anywhere unattended, they need to be held. I've done it 3 times.. Living proof that it can be done.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• What she said! ^

Get a comfy carrier like a Ktan or wrap and wear him while you do most things. Try a reclined seat like a bouncer if you do need to lay him down so he can still see you .

The other thing is it may be due to reflux or something else making it uncomfortable or painful to lie flat -- maybe have him checked out if it worries you? BUt wearing him in a carrier will help anyway if he does have a problem like that!
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 4:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• do you have a vibrating bouncy seat? do you swaddle? I have heard many things like putting the baby in the baby seat on the dryer or running a vacuum cleaner.. how about a music box or soothing baby CD's or nature sound Cd's... Google "tips for soothing fussy babies"...Good luck! I have been there and it will pass sooner then you realize
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my son loved his swing. your child could have GERD with that symptom - they could be getting baby heartburn or some actual pain when lying flat - if that was the case- you would just elevate the head. with one of those foam wedges. try and see if that helps them!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They all have good ideas. Baby-wearing is one way to help ease the screaming, but being short and on the heavy side, I couldn't really wear my kids comfortably except in one of those infantano slings that got recalled (*sadface*) My kids are bouncy chair/swing kids. Also, get some classical music, put it on a big screen and put visualizations on. It helped my kids quite a bit
    trilliana

Answer by trilliana at 4:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• do you have a swing? that worked for my daughter, that and i turned nascar on, didn't hear a peep from her while those cars were zooming around!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Use a swing, or other carrier. I know that you are tired, but keep in mind: the bigger the child, the bigger the problems!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Get a baby sling! :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm not into baby wearing, so I know how you feel. Discuss it with your ped and make sure there are no problems there. Keep trying to lay him down, even if it is for just a few seconds - the more you put him down, the more he will get used to it. He's still really little and they like to be held. My 5th child is 2 weeks old and I feel like I'm always holding her. Try a bouncy seat, swing (do you have ones that goes forward and back and side to side? I had one that really liked forward and back and my 2 week old only likes the side to side). Keep trying different things. Sing or talk to him when you lay him down so he knows you are still there. Have you tried a white noise machine? It's just a matter of finding out what works for him! Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 9:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010