Tea Party Express loses some baggage...thoughts?

Tea party leader cuts ties after charges of racism
Posted at 12:32 PM on Friday, Jul. 23, 2010
By ROBIN HINDERY - The Associated Press Share
Tea Party Express spokesman cuts tiesThe Tea Party Express says it has accepted the resignation of its chief spokesmen who was widely condemned for satirizing the NAACP in a controversial blog posting.
Conservative radio personality Mark Williams on Friday told the Tea Party Express he wanted to break with the organization. Williams resigned as chairman of the group last month after one of his blog posts forced the National Tea Party Federation to expel the Tea Party Express. The Tea Party Express announced the resignation in a statement.

Good--it is individuals like this who give honest people a bad name.
Thoughts?

Youngwifey2

Asked by Youngwifey2 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He was a jerk. It is good he resigned. Now,if they just ship out a few more nuts in the Tea Party groups, maybe people will take them seriously.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Why did he want to break with the organization?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• He broke with them after the backlash from his blog comments. I am not sure his plans for the future, but unfortunately, he will probably find others who share his narrow-minded ideas and start a new group.

I am not a Tea Party person--there are some issues with which I strongly disagree, but the group deserves to be heard effectively--this bozo doesn't (or didn't) help this cause!
    Youngwifey2

Comment by Youngwifey2 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If he broke from them on his own then he's a coward for not standing up for himself. If they asked him to make a quiet exit then he's just a regualr douchebag.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• He's an unemployed former disk jockey. I doubt he's on-board with the goals of the TPM.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• "I am not a Tea Party person--there are some issues with which I strongly disagree, but the group deserves to be heard effectively--this bozo doesn't (or didn't) help this cause! "

At least you're trying to be fair!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 4:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Extremists in ANY group on either end of the spectrum need to be booted out...they may only be a few, but it seems they create the most damage!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I never read the man's blog, but he should step away if he is becoming a distraction from the issues. The Tea Party isn't one man making off color remarks even on a blog. We have to rise above even when it seems others are getting away with the exact act the Tea Party is being brought to task over. He will have to help quietly from the sidelines if he still wants to be a part. But, keep his mouth shut.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Lori and Jesse, those are the points I am trying to make. Agree or disagree fine, but don't drag down everyone with you because you have an axe to grind (not the two of you--I mean this guy).
    Youngwifey2

Comment by Youngwifey2 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• There is another Tea Party Express leader that is supporting this asshole

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010