Would you go to a C average Doctor?

I've been looking for a primary care Doctor but so far I've not been thrilled with the doctors I've seen. Most are abrupt and when you ask them to step out of the box and try something differernt such as a more herbal aproach they balk. Which made me think. I wonder what kind of grades did they get in medical school. How would you even bring it up to a Doctor your thinking about trusting with your life, literaly about how they did in school. Of course they passed or they would not have a medical lisense but would you want a C average doctor taking care of you and your family?

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 4:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You probably have already many times. They can't be ALL top of their class! I wouldn't mind. They are board certified.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm sure I have also but it does make me wonder.
    CKasting

Comment by CKasting (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not all the doctors who got A's are good I would rather have someone who was caring and in the middle.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm sure they're aren't an overabundance of 4.0 doctors. Med school is hard!

I also wanted to suggest that you go to a DO instead of an MD. Works out great for us!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Seems like the last three doctors I have went to are C average. It makes me mad that I go in with a problem and when I leave they didnt help me out at all. They just want you to go back, which is more money for them. I think the way to go about it is to do some research on the reason you are there and push them into doing what you want them to do.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 4:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010