When their are dishes in the sink...and your hubby's home...

Do you ask him to do the dishes...or do you find it's just much easier to get them done yourself without having to nag him to clean the dishes over and over?

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 4:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When there are dishes in the sink, and husband is home............we usually do them together. That is the way it has been for 31 years.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm a SAHM,I see all inside work as mine. He does mowing and garbage. Maybe if I got hurt and couldn't stand I'd ask him......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't ask him to do the dishes, that's my job. Of course they also wouldn't be sitting in the sink because it takes about 5 seconds more just to put them in the dishwasher but before we had the dishwasher I'd just do them as I used them.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Im the wife so house chores are my job! His is makeig the $$$ LOL
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My hubby will just get up and wash all the dishes in the sink!! He always does all the dishes on the weekend and it's his choice! I am pretty lucky!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 4:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Now that he's home on comp, I get annoyed when I empty the sink and then get home and it's full again. I will make a comment about how I left the sink empty and he tells me he will take care of it. Sometimes he does, other times I get annoyed and start doing it myself. On occasion he will stop me and do it. All around he pisses me off when it comes to housework.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I try to stop my dh from doing the dishes whenever I catch him attempting to help. He's just not good at it. lol
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't usually nag. I just ask him, "hey, you wanna do dishes tonight?" and when he says yes, I just let it go. They'll be done before I wake up the next morning. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I ALWAYS ask him to do the dishes, I ALWAYS end up doing them. Drives me nuts. He does a wonderful job of cleaning if we are expecting company. But if it's just us, it's always on me
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I end up finishing everything because he takes so damned long to clean the kitchen. God, how many breaks do you have to take anyway? You're just putting the damned dishes in the dishwasher. Sorry, the man just takes forever to clean anything.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010