weight loss after a c section

I know I'm jumping the gun as I've not had my baby yet, but I will be having a c section and was curious what does everyone think the best way to get the weight off after a c section. What is the best things to do and such to get all the weight off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• breastfeeding is a good way for a starter, then you can watch what you eat, eat healthy but not fatty food,, and after you fully recover from surgery start exercising,,,

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• About the same as any other time you want to lose weight. Just check with your Dr before you begin an exercise program.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• High fiber fruits and veggies. Look into Juice Plus. www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It depends on how much weight you gained. The weight shouldn't be that much of a problem. I had a c-section 2 weeks ago and I'm already several pounds under my pre pregnancy weight - and I wasn't overweight to begin with! But as far as getting the body back into shape - that just takes time. I'm still having some pain, so I haven't been exercising yet but I didn't do anything crazy after my last c-section (4th child) and it didn't take that long for my body to get back to where it was before.

Answer by missanc at 8:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010