Moms of boys...

...at what age did your sons stop wanting hugs, cuddles, and kisses from you? My son is only 10 months, so I've got a while, but I'm totally dreading the day he doesn't want hugs and kisses anymore, LOL!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine is only 3, but I don't see it stopping anytime soon. It's nice that he's such a hugger because if he's ever upset about something, a mommy hug always calms him down, even if he's upset about me punishing him for something, lol. I think I'll cry if the day ever comes when he doesn't want me to hug him any more. :(
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• He is still a cuddle bunny at 9

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My son's almost 3 and still the biggest hugger and kisser in our family. I'm hoping it lasts a few more years!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My living son is 22 and he still kisses and hugs me ...big loud smackable kisses lol
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yeah, mine are both still small enough that they are always hanging on me lol
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Mine is 4 and still likes hugs and kisses. I hope to get a few more years of that before he decides he's too grown up for it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• he does it on purpose big squeaky sounds lol
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my son is almost 6 and he has to be in the mood for affection, when he is tired or sick he likes to be loved but otherwise he could do without any hugs&kisses
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My oldest son turns 8 in the fall, and I think it started around the time he turned 7. I blame it on his best friend, who is four years older... I think he somehow gave my son the idea that kisses, hugs, and saying "i love you" are girly things. I miss those cuddly days :( and I think that if my son hadn't had those ideas put into his head, he would still be sweet like that because he still likes me to say/do those things to him, he just doesn't want to do them back if anybody else is around. Enjoy it while you can, before the world makes your son grow up faster than you are ready for :(
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 4:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Those cuddly days are still ahead. (: Don't make so much of the small stuff (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2010