Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors and NAKED children?!?! adult content

My neighbors, whom I don't know well except occasional hi or waves let their boy and girl, around 5&6 go outside in the front without pants or underware on. I find this disturbing and dangerous especially with all the pervs around nowadays. The children are unsupervised outside often as well. The Dad is drinking everytime
E I see him, me and my kids play outside a lot and garden ect.., I've seen him crack open a beer before 8:00AM! Back to the point, how do I confront them about this!? My kids even comment and ask why they are naked... Should I say something or just leave it alone? And yea I've heard of the potty training with no pants/undies on in the home but these kids are obviously over potty training.


Asked by CokietheClown at 5:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 9 (330 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Due to their ages I would have to agree that action needs taken. If they were 3 & 4 I wouldn't see an issue... But at those ages they at least need undies of swim suits... I would talk to the mother, seeing how you already see issues with the father, and express your CONCERN and not your repulsion... If it continues, I would call CPS and ask them what they advise...

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • I would call child protective services and see if this is legal. It is obviously dangerous, not to mention, in very poor taste.

    Answer by neebug3766 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2010


    Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • I would call CPS too. I think it goes beyond "poor taste" and expands over into the area of childhood sexual abuse.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 5:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • I would try to befriend the mom before I do anything harsh or get involved. Maybe she needs a friend and some support first. I mean, maybe the dad is an alcoholic.....IDK, does he work nights and get home so his 8am beer is like an 8pm beer for someone else? But deffinately chat with the mom and see what the deal is there first.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • I would not go to the family directly. If the father is a drunk like you said, you could have more problems than you need.

    Call Child Protective Services. This may be considred neglect.

    Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • Thanks Ma'mas!!!!

    Comment by CokietheClown (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • wow that is too old for that.

    Answer by reesemom at 5:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • Wow, that is not cool. I'd call CPS ASAP.

    Answer by JonesMama at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • i wouldn't cause a problem over this, i lived in the boonies and often ran around without a shirt on. people living in town would frown on that bc i'm a girl, but it's not that big of a deal. if you think something more is going on i would leave it alone

    Answer by angevil53 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010