How and when to tell your family and friends that you are expecting your 3rd child?

When did you tell them? Did you wait until after your first visit or told them right away after you took the test?

Also how should I tell my Dad and sister that I am expecting? Even if they act negative towards the situation.

CreedMama3

Asked by CreedMama3 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Like Cindy18 said, you are a grown woman. If your father and sister are not supportive that is their problem. I had the same problem when my husband and I found out that we were pregnant with our second child. My parents, brother and 1 sister were very happy but my oldest sister was a complete witch about it. Also, my in-laws were not very happy either. The only thing that crossed their minds was the fact that my husband is unemployed. They were not even there for the delivery of their grandson; mind you they live 5 minutes from us. Remember that this is your baby and your life. If they can not be happy for you then they have a problem not you.
    shocker2987

Answer by shocker2987 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You're a grown woman so don't worry about what they think. Just get it over with. It won't be as bad as you think.

I found out I was pregnant with my third when my mom was dying from cancer and no one likes my ex. So I waited until after the funeral and everything, I was scared to death to tell people but it wasn't that bad.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• This wasn't my 3rd child but with my 2nd child my kids father didn't want to tell his parents. Which I thought was insane because were together & we already have a child. I mean be a man about it, why do men have to be such babies. Anyway it was around christmas time I was about 3 months along. I wrapped up a book for my daughter called "I'm a big sister" and gave it to grandma to open with her granddaughter. They laughed and then cried 'cause they were so happy.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I only have two. But, when were got pregnant with our second, it was right around some holiday...so I got my DD a shirt that said "Big Sis!" and let her wear it to the family function. Everyone was like "who's big sister is she?"...finally they asked and we just told them. It was fun to watch them try and figure it out....they never got there on their own...lol

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 6:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010