What do you love about being a mom to whatever gender your child is?

For example, I have a son. I'm super girly, but for some reason, having a boy just feels right to me. I love all of the little boy clothes, the toy cars and trains, and all that. I love how he already has the personality of a boy, and he's already tough, lol. He even has a little boy attitude, lol...and he's so silly. I'd love a girl someday, but I'm glad my first child was a boy. :)

You?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I loved parenting my kids until they hit the teen years then wonder again why I wanted kids in the first place. LOL,
    ahhh yes parenting is wonderful when they are little and watching them grow into children, they fill the heart with so much love and joy. It really is a Love like no other I also never knew I could be so fiercely protective of another person..don't get me wrong I love all people and am protective of everyone plus animals but when you have a baby it changes to a whole new level of love/bonding/being protective, KWIM?
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a son who's 2-1/2 - I think I feel about my son the way you do about your son. You couldn't have said it better. I always KNEW I was going to have a girl so I have kind of had to work on accepting being a mother of a son but man, its fun.. he makes me laugh and smile and we play and roughouse - he's not your typical dirty messy rough boy though - but he's so smart and amazes me everyday.. I dont' know ... I couldn't pick one thing I love about being a mommy to a boy - there's just TOOO many.. plus I will miss girl teen years.. I saw what my mom went through with my sister ish!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love watching them learn new things and getting really excited about it or shocked about what they did.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• but when you have a baby it changes to a whole new level of love/bonding/being protective, KWIM?"

Oh boy do I ever know what you mean, lol! It's crazy. I have always had people in my life that I loved unconditionally and so much, but now that I have my son...it's on an entirely different level. He literally is the center of my life, and I would do anything and everything to protect him. When I say I'd give my life for him, I mean that I'd do it without a second thought. It's amazing, yet scary at the same time because it actually makes me feel very vulnerable..because if God forbid, anything ever happened to him, I truly don't know what I would do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010