I asked a question earlier.....

We spend so much time arguing about things that don't matter and pretend to accept things that aren't up to us to accept....
I wanted to know what you all thought about AIDs seriously. Besides worrying about who or what you are or believe in... we should worry about curing and assisting in a cure for AIDs, cancer, and hunger. Not if some one is gay, or athiest!
Don't you believe these small things keep us from the real problems in the world- like hunger and disease?
I have seen and read some selfish answers, that say I am comfy and sit around doing nothing for any other human than myself.
My best friend has AIDs. That is what's up with the questions. If you don't care than don't answer to this, if you're a smart allec than don't answer.
And if you believe that your children come first than stop with opinions and get up and take care of them.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 5:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• I think that the research for finding a cure is highly underfunded due to it being a disease of "poor"people such as those in Africa. If there was a rich white guy disease,it'd have a cure already!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• From my understanding "they" are working on AIDS. But the virus keeps mutating, making it difficult to come up with a vaccine or a cure.
    I was a visiting nurse in my community over 12 years ago and every child under the age of 16 with HIV/AIDS was my patient. I knew every one of them, every one of their families and went to every one of their homes. My sweet boy, R****** passed away at age 6, as far as I know the rest of them are doing well.
    I'm glad that "we" have figured out how to prevent the transmission of HIV from mom to child, but we absolutely have to do that for the rest of the world, regardless of ability to pay.
    THAT is my opinion.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• iSadly, I have to agree with Butterfly.. so sad.. I am sorry about your friend
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• not being a smart just the truth! this includes cancer which my grandma has! if they found cures for everything, which they probaly have found most, then the pill pushing doctors will be out of a job! they don't care they just want the money you spend.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree that the doctors need their jobs, but they do not control the pharmacuetical companies.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes I agree with that. That is why I donate money when ever I can to this funds, and help my cousin in finding larger donators, and in research into other forms of treatment. However I feel passionate about every debate I have. I don't put one above the other. I just work on the more solvable ones first. Since no one but doctors can solve aids, where is the debate. What is the point every body knows it is there, knows it is real and scary, so why would it be brought up in a topic on here unless there is new information, or some jerk is saying it started with gays. This is my down time I'm not going to try and talk about some thing like this that breaks my heart. By the way you got rudeness because you posted in religion saying. "you posted about atheist and gays what about aids?" That was it no question. So you asked for it. Also just so you know gay rights is important as well, it is a real problem. So accept your cause isnt
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• the only one that needs attention!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think the small things keep us from obsessing about the big ones.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010