Are all boys just icky??

Why does my son eat everything gross? Picking his nose & eating his boogies. ick! Or picking between his toes or belly button & eating whatever he finds which honestly I don't know what is there but he thinks it's delicious. How on earth do I stop him from this? I think he does it 'cause people say ew! He just thinks it's so funny.

jfblaine83

Asked by jfblaine83 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get used to it... it only gets better lol
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• that was me as a kid! lol I think girls do it too,but they're more discreet! Try to not make a big deal out of it. Take the wind out of his sail,so to speak.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not my boys... My boys won't even finger paint because they think it's gross & messy... My Sister on the other hand, when she was a kid, was one of the grossest kids I knew... And she was a girl! I'm the kind that finds finger paints as messy though, so I think it might just be genes?!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yeah, all boys are stinky and icky. All you can do is try not to react to it. It's the reaction that makes them do it. Good Luck!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My son HATES to be dirty and hates anything on his face or hands...lol!! My sister was/ is the nastiest women I know..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My son hates to be dirty and has to have clean hands at all times. He does not pick his nose nor eat it. He does however fart with no problem.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes, as far as I have seen, all little boys are gross. Well sometimes, little girls can be gross too. I think it's just all little kids, period!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My boys never did it. I think because I told not to pick their ears,nose,etc.

I always made sure they had 3mals and snacks in between. Maybe they were always full?LOL!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Right why didn't I think of telling him not too. good idea.....that's my sarcastic voice. lol.
    Believe me the boy is a garbage disposal, he eats everything & then some. I'm pretty sure he's not trying to get a full tummy on boogies. lol.
    jfblaine83

Comment by jfblaine83 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have heard that doing those things is sometimes an indication of something lacking in the diet. Why don't you talk to your doc and ask him about that? Could be just a rumor but that's the first thing I thought of.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010