How did you announce your pregnancy of your first child?

How did you tell DH/SO?

How did you tell your kids?

How did you tell the rest of your family?

Did you try to think of any fun/creative ways to make the announcement?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well I was 15 with my first one so it didnt go over well at all...but with my 3rd baby we found out on my husbands birthday so he thought I was kidding...I showed him the test and he couldnt believe it....the next morning my husband and I told my other 2 that they cant jump on me or anything and they asked why....then my husband said because they are going to have a baby brother or sister.....they were old enough to understand that...they were 8 and 5.....my husband then called his family and told them and I called my mom right away....they were all happy...well except for the jealous people in the family but make it interesting....make him a cake or something or a card that says I love you "dad"...he will be stunned.....then if your families are close invite them all over for dinner or out to dinner and tell them that way....or get cards that say grandparents or something..use your imagination!
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• UGH, The first one to know was thee dad. And I just waited to show lol..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i recorded the heartbeat on my hone and sent it in an email :D
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My hubby and I were living at my parents for a few months waiting for military to move us....so everyone knew we were trying to get pregnant. It was Christmas Eve morning and I took the pregnancy test. So everyone was there for the result. My hubby, parents, brother and his wife. It was awesome.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My SO? I Cried (unexpected pregnancy)
    My Kids? Didn't have kids then
    My family? Most of them I said it over the phone but my mom told my dad while we were at dinner. My So nearly jumped out of his sit when my mom finally said it. He thought my dad was going to kill him. lol
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My husband was with me when we found out. We bought a card that said, "Looking forward to meeting you around May 17, Love Baby(insert our last name)." for the grandparents.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My husband knew before I did, because he kept track of my cycles. We didn't really make formal announcements with any of ours. We told people individually, but we never told anyone until it was about to become obvious. With the second and third, we just told our other child(ren) that they were going to have a new baby brother or sister. This was before the day when moms can find out the gender pretty early on. Ours were not known until they were born.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• DH: Bought Prego spaghetti sauce and asked him to open the jar. It took him a moment to realize, but he remembered that long ago if I bought a jar of Prego it meant I was pregnant.

Will tell more when I get home, I'm clocking out.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Ok to continue:

Friend: Chatted with her online (we live in different states) and told her. She knew I'd been trying for several years. Told her after I told DH.
    Boss: Sent her an email. Told her about 2 weeks after I found out. Wanted her aware in case there were issues (morning sickness, etc)
    Co-workers: asked my boss to announce it during a team meeting, LOL. Told them when I was about 15-16 weeks. Two of them had figured out weeks before however.
    MIL/FIL: They came to visit us and we told them. I was about 10-11 weeks. We let them announce it to the rest of the family.
    My mom: Talked with her online and told her. I was about 12-14 weeks. I waited so long to tell her because of the way she reacted when I told her about my first pregnancy (I had a m/c). I didn't feel she deserved to know right away with this one.

I think next time I'm just going to announce it on Facebook, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• oh. thanks for the ideas branmommas. but i'm not pregnant. lol
    i was just wondering how people announce their pregnancies.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010