Potty Training?

My Daughter just turned 18 months old and I was wondering if I should introduce a training potty to her. She tells us when she is wet or when she has pooped. Is that a sign that sh'e ready?

MariasMamacita

Asked by MariasMamacita at 5:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, that is a sign she is ready. There are many different theories about potty training, but I think it says a lot that you are wondering with you should introduce a training potty.. that's mommy intuition! Trust it ;)
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 5:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That can be a sign that she's ready. Girls tend to PT quicker then boys. My niece trained when she was 18 months old, though she still has accidents and pees at night and she's 4yo now. I don't think it would hurt to get her a potty and whenever you go to the restroom take her with you. There are lots of ways to PT, you've gotta find the way that will work for her.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes! Introduce her. Girls are so easy to train.. Mine did it herself!
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 6:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Go for it while she is interested! I missed my window (had a newborn in the house when my daughter was 18 mo....no way I was potty training even though she was showing all the signs) and now she is anti-potty. I just started her at a preschool for a few hours a week so I'm hoping she'll get motivated by the other kids.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010