Has anyone ever worked for West or Convergys as a work at home agent?

I am just wondering has anyone worked from these companies and what was your experience? I am thinking about applying?

JusM0M

Asked by JusM0M at 5:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• West at Home, there are no guaranteed hours, you have to have minimum space on your computer, cable internet, headset, some calls you get paid by the minute some calls by the hour. You are guaranteed minimum wage for your state. You are rushed to get off the phone while giving "good customer service" I worked for a West call center that closed down, this is what they explained to us because I thought about doing West at Home. I changed my mind. :) Good luck

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have tried about 3 different companies that hire from home, and found myself more stressed out that working a regular job outside of the home. Most are hiring for more than customer service even though thats what they refer you to. You will more than likely also be hired as a telemarketer and sales. You do have to have certan requirements for your computer, i still had to fond day care for my son because of the NO NOISE in the background. I also had to pay for my own background and credit check. You are still considered an independant contractor, and they have the right to terminate you for any reason and unemployment does nothing to help. After trying these companies, I found starting my own business to be the best for me. I am with a great company that offers a great need to people, has a great support team and the commissions are unreal. I made over $300 in just one day and had my money within a day.
    KaylaCeleste

Answer by KaylaCeleste at 7:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• What business is that? I just applied for them. I'm looking for a second job to make some extra money for a cushion. Please let me know. I might be interested?
    JusM0M

Comment by JusM0M (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010