My 2 month old loves to sleep on his belly, but when he starts dc in Sept, he has to sleep on his back. I have been trying to put him to sleep on his back, but he keeps waking up screaming. Any suggestions on how to teach him to sleep on his back? Like should I put him in our bed on his back or start him on his side, or just let him cry or something else. Please help! Thanks mommies!

momof2boys423

Asked by momof2boys423 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I saw a cushion type thing that you can put in the arch of your babys back when they sleep. You might want to try that. Maybe his back is uncomfortable.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• try on the sides and then slowly go to the back
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• what's wrong with sleeping on his stomach...i sleep on my stomach...two is old enough to toss & turn....i don't get it...sorry! I don't know!my daughter cries too.....do not disturb!
    GoldenWhite

Answer by GoldenWhite at 4:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• If your baby is rolling over from back to front and vice versa, then it is okay to let him sleep on his tummy. That being said, I put my 3 month old down on his tummy for all naps and on his back for nighttime (when I couldn't supervise). Once he started to roll over on his own, I always put him on his tummy because he slept better that way.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my 2 month old daughter turns on her side to sleep. i cant get her to stay on her back... not even the wedges worked. Im sorry but im not sure waht to tell you. if he cant turn over yet... id just put him on his back and let him scream it out or try and put a thin pillow under his head to see if he like to be on his back like that.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• When my son was only a couple weeks old he would wriggle around until he'd make it to his tummy. I was worried, because the present SIDS campaign is "Back to Sleep". I talked to my pediatrician about it, and he said that if my son was getting to that position on his own, he would be okay. We also coslept, so he was never alone.
    I'm wondering, why would he have to sleep on his back at daycare? He'll be older then, and able to move around...they can't force a child to sleep a certain way.
    DeylansMama

Answer by DeylansMama at 3:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My 3 month old likes to sleep on his stomach. I never put him that way, but he wiggles himself onto his tummy. Tell DC that they should put him down on his tummy. If they don't like them, be sure to remind them how much you pay them every week. You ARE paying for a service, which means they should be taking care of your child in the manner you see fit.
    Or maybe I'm just a demanding grouch like that. ;-)
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 12:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• *I meant if they don't like IT, not them. LOL
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• By ssetember he may be able to roll over to his belly on his own if not Im sure there not going to make him scream the the whole time and not sleep.
    JenKT

Answer by JenKT at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008