can sex ???

can sex hurt the baby.?
& no im not saying that if the baby can feel it or touch the baby while having sex. im askiing if sex is bad can it be harmful to the baby and can it bring labor ??im 25 weeks so i want to know when is the best time to Stop having sex>?

VILLEDA88

Asked by VILLEDA88 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Nope sex is good all the way up until you have the baby unlless you have some kind of medical problem that your doctor orders you NOT to have sex. Sex will help your cervil thin also so you can go into labor. The sperm helps it thin out.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Sorry I meant Cervix
    TiffanyLove18

• You should ask your doctor just to be safe but my doctor allowed me through my entire pregnancy. The only time it is not really safe is if you are a high risk pregnancy but your doctor should tell you if you are.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Nope sex is fine unless you are advised to have no vaginal penetration. Actually I really think thats what made my water broke. The night before my water broke I got this boost of energy, cleaning the house, walking (I would walk every night towards the end because I was so miserable) and actually that night I really wanted some and my sons father and I definitely did the deed good that night LOL. Needless to say the next morning, as soon as I stood up to get out of the bed and get ready for work the flood came gushing out, no work for me that day :-) About eleven hours ish later I was able to hold the love of my life for the first time :-D
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with PP. Sex is fine as long as u feel up 4 it. unless your doc tells you to stop. Your body will only go into labor (aided by sex) when its ready, most likely around 38-41 wks. Before then it just doesn't seem to do much to bring on labor, thank goodness or we would all be starved for it.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It's actually good for the baby! Your body relieces different chemicals when you have sex... These are good chemicals and are in turn good for the baby. I know a girl who broke her water having sex though... But she was already overdue...

My advice once you start to dialate stop, otherwise go for it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I also heard sex was okay right up to your due date. A little bleeding can occur, due to the swelling down there, but unless its trickling or bright red, im pretty sure thats normal. The only sexual position ( besides the obvious) that I know isnt good for the baby in later months of pregnancy, is missionary.
    amandamarie89

Answer by amandamarie89 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Nope, sex is okay....as long as you don't start bleeding...I had sex late in my pregnancy, and I bled a little bit after...the baby was okay...but I started having bad contractions....which wasnt labor but I ended up going into labor at 37 weeks.
    mafia_mama08

Answer by mafia_mama08 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree w/ alot of the other moms. Sex, unless ur dr. suggests you don't or ur not comfortable w/ it, is great all the way up until the end. To me, pregnant sex was great sex!!!!!
    Anonymous

• It can't harm the baby; we were advised to have sex until the very end unless there is bleeding or other problems. Be careful and enjoy!
    Maggie2410

Answer by Maggie2410 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2008