Does anyone have any information on tuberous sclerosis?

This disease can cause autism, which my son has. I had never heard of this disease before today when it was mentioned on Rachel Ray when she was doing a program on "Mystery Diseases". My son has several symptoms of this disease. How do I bring this to the attention of his pediatrician without sounding like I'm a whack job who watches stuff on TV then thinks her kids have this stuff? After I saw the show, I called my mom, who is a nurse and told her and she doesn't think I'm over reacting. She has never heard of this disease, but when I told her the symptoms, she agreed my son fit the profile.
If you have experience with this disease, what type of doctor manages it? A neurologist? Thanks for any information!!

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health