How do you clean your dishwasher?

Mine is disgusting and even if I run it twice, dishes still aren't clean. I've read baking soda, bleach or vinegar, what do you use? I really don't want to dig in there.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• vinegar by it self in the dishwasher
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• FYI and not to make this sound rude, your not supposed to put dishes in it that have food all over it. If you keep that up it will cost you in the end!! I cant tell you how many people my mom has had to create work orders for who have done this...Its not a garbage disposal, theres no where for chunks of food and stuff to go out of your dishwasher....But PP is right, Jet Dry does have some mess you can buy to run a cycle through your dish washer (while its empty) and should clean it. GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Lemon koolaid. Really. Throw three or four packets in there, and run a light load.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think you can use that Jet Dry stuff.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It hasn't been cleaned since I moved in years ago. I don't think i'm putting any chunks of food in there.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You may have a water pressure issue, though.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• OOOO did see that lemon kool aid deal on HGTV the other day!!! CHEAPER than jet dry!! and just as efficient! Smells good too lol!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I use jet dry but then again ours is pretty clean cuz I always pre-rinse in the sink my dishes
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I switched my dishwashing detergent to Diamond Brite after I spilled a drop of Cascade on my carpet and it took out the color - I didn't realize it contained bleach until then! Yulk!! Since I have switched, my dishwasher is cleaner and my dishes come out really clean - I also feel great knowing that I am not breathing in chlorine fumes while my dishwasher is running and I am not eating chlorine residue left on my dishes! You can learn more about these great products at www.SaferForYourHome.com
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2010