Do you or would you pick up litter even if you did not do it?

I have been walking for the past 2 wks. and have noticed plastic water bottles here and there and some paper I was going to pick it up but I would need to have a bag with me anyway the grass needed to be cut and thought they will pick it up (surely)...WRONG! Omg I can not believe they just ran over it and some got shredded all over the place (this is a school track). I felt so bad I wish I would have picked the trash up somehow :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I carry medical gloves and a plastic grocery bag and clean it up.....it's something that you can do with your kids as a community service project....when I take my son to the local park we always start off by picking up at least a bag's worth of trash as a way of doing our part & giving back.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• sure...
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 6:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I do all the time, I have since the kids have been young. It is just what we do. We always have bags with us for trash. Just doing our part.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 6:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I probably wouldn't if I was on a walk not cause I don't want to be nice lol, but because honestly I wouldn't think about it. I do however pick litter up on the devil strip, across from our house and in the neighbors yard even though we don't do it. My mom use to pick up litter all the time on our street when we were kids.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I pick up litter on our block all the time

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I do it all the time. Just about every time I leave the house I pick up something...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We have a little section of trees and vines next to us s people are always throwing crap out ther window there, we pick it up.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• if its in my yard i will
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yes, i have to... we have a walking path in our yard and there is always trash... i pick it up when the girls are out playing or before i mow... drives me NUTS that people would toss their trash in someones yard, or along a nature path!
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2010