Have you ever baked any bread from scratch?

I've made a cheesebraid which was really good from scratch. I like using part of the Libby's canned pumpkin to make a pumpkin bread. Now that's a tasty bread.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I bake bread all the time, too. I got these great books, titled "Healthy Bread In Five Minutes A Day" and "Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day", that make it soooo easy to bake fresh breads every day. Even if I'm not home all day, we can have a loaf of fresh bread or fresh rolls on the table every night with dinner, it's that easy.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I bake bread from scratch all the time. I've spoiled my family and they don't like store-bought bread any more. I also make bagels, pita bread, tortillas, burger/hot dog/sub buns, rolls, and even make chips out of the pitas & tortillas. LOVE the pumpkin & other quick breads!

What's your recipe for the cheese braid?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When I was in college, I baked bread the old fashioned way; now I use my bread machine.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When my kids were little, I used to bake the old-fashioned way. Now I use the bread machine on the dough setting, to do the mixing and kneading, then take it out to shape the way I want. Bread done this way still tastes like the old-fashioned way, but less work. I have also used the 5 minutes a day artisian bread method, which is really good.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• All the time here. I do the Artisan ones, once in a while I'll do an Amish starter and use that for a while.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Any kind of bread?I make more than 100 full loaves of strawberry bread the first week of Dec. Then sporadically the rest of the year all sort of quick breads.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes I used to make bread all the time kind of fun! I love the smell of freshly cooked bread!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010