Do your kids make a mess in their rooms?

My kids are 6&8 and they throw all of their toys on the floor. I cannot stand to see such a mess. When I tell them it is time to clean up it is so hard to get them to do it.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 6:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes. At 4 though he is expected to clean up. I have to use my mommy voice though.lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• they are old enough to clean tell them if they dont clean everything on the floor will go in the trash... and do it follow through I know it sounds harsh but my mom only had to do it once with me its affective lol
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• oh my gosh my 5 year olds room is sooooo freaken messy it isn't even funny lol. But when I ask her to she does clean it. My 2.5 year olds room is achually more cleaner than my 5 year old lol. I mean her room does get messy at times and when it does I have a hard time getting her to clean it. But usually if something is on her bedroom floor she will pick it up and put it away that is without me telling her lol. And oh my gosh everynight we go to her room to put her to bed she will walk through her room looking on her floor and bed making sure her sisters toys aren't in her room or making sure no dirty clothes are on the floor and if they are she will not go to bed until she puts that toy back in her sisters room or those dirty clothes down stairs lol. That is only cause I don't ask her though lol. If I ask her to clean she wont do it lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

I have done this a couple times and both times I did it, it didn't work lol. My 5 year old when she was 3 we did that the first time cause she wouldn't pick up her toys and daddy stepped on them. So we threw them (every single toy) in a trash bag and acted like we threw them away when she wasn't looking we took them to the basement where they sat for 3 weeks she didn't care. After a couple weeks when she got them back we told her we are going to throw them away this time didn't do anything. That is a lot of money to just throw away lol. I bought her a new v-tech smiels hand held game and she wan't treating it right a couple weeks after having it someone said to throw it away then. CONT...
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When, my kids were younger,they were neat as a pin,now,my 15yrs. old grandson keep his bedroom like a jungle,but, he loves to clean and rearrange the furniture downstairs,my teen daughter also can do better in her room. you just have to stay on them. put a sign on bedroom door,DIRTY ROOMS NOT ALLOWED! It works.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I let him have it his way until cleaning day. Then we do it together. I saw asking him to keep it clean was like beating a dead horse. I picked my battles and gave up on this. As long as the stuff stays in there,I don't care.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• afer buying that and games for it we spent over 200.00 on it that is a lot of money to just throw away. I tell you what did work though. Right before my DD turned 5 she left a toy on the floor and he stepped on it and got hurt so he got mad and stomped on it. That I didn't care it was a kitchen set dish lol, but he said now are you going to pick up your stuff? She said ya. And ever since she tells her younger sister you have to pick up your toys before daddy gets home or he will break them lol I personally can't do that though I guess maybe that is why mine didn't work when I took all the toys to the basement lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010