Why does my ds do this?

he is 8 yrs. old and for some reason he has this habit of moving his head as if shaking off water but he only does it twice then stops then every so often he'll do this again n again, he also has a habit of opening his mouth like a yawn but for a moment and that to every so often. We did make an appointment with the doctor but I want to hear from you ladies. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ticks or tourettes. no big deal just let him be who he is. my son has tourettes my daughter has tick issues. no biggy
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Possible Tourettes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree with butterfly, I have a friend who has tourettes and he does things very similar.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't have any experience with tourettes, so I don't know about that. To me it makes me think that he's trying to pop his ears or he feels like there is liquid in his ears.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Are you sure that he is not having problems iwth is ears? thats what it sounds like to me.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010