kissin/hugging - affection

Hi again -
My son (14 mo old) does not kiss or hug - is this normal!? Me and my husband are very affectionate towards him - overly probably if it's possible - we adore him....but it's not reciprocated ever....he cuddles the dog, his blanket, etc...but me or dad - never.....Im with him ALL DAY LONG so its not like he's afraid of me - I get nuzzled when he's sick of course, but kisses and hugs, never - normal or just an un-affectionate male? (I know, huge surprises - whoever heard of an unemotional or unaffectionate guy)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he might be doing it because he knows he gets a reaction from you. it's the age,hang in there,he'll get cuddly again.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have noticed that my son does this to his granny and papa.He wants to get a reaction out of them.It drives them crazy!! When they act like they don't want a hug or kiss he gives in then maybe u should try that.act like it doesn't bother u one time and see if he acts different.
    wifey2006

Answer by wifey2006 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My daughter is 2 yrs old, and we are very affectionate with her. However, it was just recently that she started to actually give kisses and hugs. Our other 2 yr old did this things along time ago, so at first I was worried like you are. But, it just seems like it takes some kids longer to show affection. I agree with the previous posters, try acting like you don't care and see what he does. My DD won't say "I love you" until I tell her I don't want her too....then she practically screams it at us LOL!
    Anonymous

• Maybe you try to hard to get it. My son started giving me kisses when he was 9months but if my mom or his dad asked him too he would look away. If im with him all day for a few days he won't hug or kiss me and barly sit on my lap for a minute. then after i leave him with his dad for a bit he'll show lots of affection towards me when i get back. Also all kids just do things on their own time so i don't think ou could say unaffectionate male just yet.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2008