Do you use the time after your child is in bed to unwind or finish up leftover housework?

I always found that there was something that needed to be done like dishes, putting toys away, or laundry to be done while my children slept. It was easier to do the laundry at the laundromat when I didn't take them along.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Before I was pregnant, I would use this time to finish up whatever didn't get done during the day....but now that I am 4 1/2 months pregnant, I am exhausted by the time they go to bed, so I use this time to unwind. Whatever I don't get done will be there in the morning for me! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Used it to unwind and have ME time. House work can be done while the kids are up. House work is not that important.

Answer by louise2 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If I have somehow managed to get all of the housework done before she goes to bed (this is rare), then I relax! If I didn't get enough done, then I finish it up after she goes to bed.
    ericadawnhaupt

Answer by ericadawnhaupt at 7:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Dishes get done after they sleep usually, but otherwise i unwind!! SO has been home with them all day, usually the house is pretty clean atleast picked up, so if dishes need to get done ill try to help and do them, and then call it a night, we can play the wii watch TV or just chill out til were ready for bed!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Both, I do the chores quick...then chill:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 8:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm like Heather, get some of the chores done, then chill time.

Of course that's slightly altered by having a new-born with irregular sleep patterns, but he'll have a regular bed-time soon enough.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• well im a sahm so that isnt an issue for me. I use the time to unwind
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• well i'm SAHM so i use the time to unwind and spend it with my hubby watching tv
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yes i do.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010