I need advice on techniques that have worked for other moms when potty training girls.

My daughter will be 3 in November and will sit on her potty easily. We started trying this week. I just wanted to get advice before I start trying everything I've found on the internet and it not working.

ericadawnhaupt

Asked by ericadawnhaupt at 7:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter started at 2 1/2 and is pretty much done now, iT took about 2 months of being very consistant and using rewards charts and going strait to underware NO pull ups here as she disliked the feel of pee in the underware so was happy to go on the potty.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Girls are easy to train. My daughter started at seventeen months and it took a lot less time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Did you use any particular techniques?
    ericadawnhaupt

Comment by ericadawnhaupt (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Get some of those cute books for children while they sit on the potty. Pick one method you read about and try that for awhile before you switch to another. It will be confusing. There is not only one good way to do it. Be consistent and she'll do well. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010