Would you let your husband tell you haw to do your hair?

I have been wanting to cut my hair short for a long time. About two years now my husband has been asking me not to because he wants me to grow it long. I don't like it long. I finally chopped it off and just had a huge fight with him. He is saying that I don't care about him and I took his opinion and threw it in his face. Should I have just done what he asked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I like my hair long...and so does he...so ... I think most guys do like longer hair....but its your hair.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'd ask myself WHY he wanted it long,and did his wants overpower my right to have my hair MY way since I'm the one left dealing with it and wearing it. My husband says as long as I don't buzz it off bald,he doesn't care.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think he should have some input, but the final decision should be up to you.
    ericadawnhaupt

Answer by ericadawnhaupt at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• not even if he was nick arrojo.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think if you want to look a certain way then it's your perogative to cut your hair if you feel you want a change. You are the one who has to be happy with your hair. I don't really think this is something a guy should be fighting over quite honesty.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't think your husband should be able to tell you how to wear your hair but I do think it's nice to consider his likes and dislikes. I mean hair is a pretty big factor in attraction. My husband isn't attracted to women with short hair so I wouldn't cut my hair short.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When adam and I got together originally mine was down to my butt. We split for 7 yrs and I chopped it off!! When we got back together he asked me if I'd grow it long again for him. I reluctantly agreed. I hate having to mess with it being long, but when it's short its always blowing in my face, so at least while it's long I can pull it back and out of my way. The day he decides to tell me I can't put in a ponytail or a bun is the day he gets hit with a cast iron skillet! LOL!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 7:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Hubby and I often suggest how we should do our hair. Some times we go with the suggestion, sometimes not. He tries so hard to do things like have a goatee because he knows I like it. He also changed his overall hair style because of two reasons: male pattern baldness setting in and I told him that the newer hair style hid that fact more. And he saw that. He has made suggestions for my hair style and I have gone with them, sometimes liking them and some times not. Maybe he just wants to see a change? We often stick with a hair style just because its habit for us. My hubby and I are very guilty of that.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Guys like long hair. Don't ask me why. They just do. I understand that it is much more trouble and to be honest, long hair just doesn't look that good on some people. I think instead of having it all chopped off, I might have done it in increments. He might not have reacted so hotly. You could offer an apology, at the very least. What's done is done, and you can't stick it back on your head, but you can tell him you are sorry for having upset him so badly and ask him to forgive you. Maybe by the time it grows out again, he will have grown to like it short.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• To answer your question, No I do not let my DH tell me how to do my hair. So he expected you to not cut it just because he said so? That is not an opinion. You are not a child he can tell what to do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010