I know this is going to sound bad but...

Money is tight now and I am not going to have much money to buy new school clothes for my kids when they start school. This past spring I bought them both some nice clothes and spent around $450. Those clothes I bought are still in really good shape because they have been wearing comfortable play clothes this summer. They do need new shoes and I always buy them a new backpack along with school supplies. Do you think that they would be the only kids not wearing brand new clothes? I will have to buy them new winter clothes when it gets cooler but that won't be till around October because they don't have enough winter clothes.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 7:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How is that bad? There's no need for brand new with tags clothes just because school is starting. So long as the clothes in their closet/dresser fit and look decent, it's pointless yo go into debt to buy more.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If they're in good shape,who's gonna know?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If their cloths still fit them. It is ok not to buy new cloths. Tell them the truth, that you can not afford to buy new right now.

Answer by louise2 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No, not at all! I really don't think anyone cares anymore these days! Let your children wear the clothes in the best condition and the ones they like the most. You can easily get by wearing spring/summer clothes into October. You could "update their looks" with some inexpensive accessories. Come fall/winter, you'll have the money to buy them new clothes. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I will be getting them new shoes because they are worn out. I bought them new sandals this summer but they have to have tennis shoes for days they have PE. Usuallly I buy them new clothes when they start school but they didn't really need them. They really don't need new clothes till the season changes.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That is Not bad!!! You are a great Momma for even caring! Most of the clothes they sell today have the very "worn look" anyway. That's what is cool I think. At least that is what I've been seeing in the stores. The grungier looking the better. Don't worry momma, after I wash something twice, it looks worn.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• it doesn't sound bad at all. if their clothes still fit, i'd rather them go ahead an wear the older ones. the younger they are, the more wear and tear their clothing gets anyway. buying new clothing just because its a new school year doesn't make sense. its wasteful even, if you don't have the budget for it. save the clothing $ and buy fall/winter items, when the time comes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They are still in elementary school so they really don't care about getting new clothes yet. They actually hate shopping for clothes.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My girls where mostly clothes from thrift stores and hand me downs...They'll be fine
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 7:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• look for places that give out school supplies and stuff. each year they have this event and we get all the school supplies, a back pack and a winter coat (or a voucher to go to the thrift store to get one). After school starts I notice most of the kids have the same backpack (which means they went to the event also). kids don't care.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 7:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010