What do you think about women in Political Leadership? Would you vote for a woman to lead our country?

I'm doing a college paper on the evolution of women in political leadership and I need to understand what real women think of about women leading our country. Are we ready for this yet? What are your concerns? What are your opinions?

kristi95

Asked by kristi95 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely...but not just any woman. I'm glad Palin's on McCain's ticket. And even if they don't win, here's why. In case you haven't noticed, women think differently than men. I think one of the VP's jobs is to advise the president (who ultimately makes the decision). The idea of a "mixed sex" ticket appeals to me because they bring different perscpectives to each problem.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I don't think it has to do with sex, race, religion, age, etc. What matters is the candidates stand on the issues, their policies, their skills and readiness.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Only if she knows what she's doing.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If I agreed with the woman's stance on the issues then YES I would vote for the woman. However I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are a woman. I most certainly feel that we are ready for a woman to be a political leader however my concern is that many would base their votes on the gender and not the issues.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with KristiS11384
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am not going to vote on her just because she is a woman, I look at the issues. Although I do think that we need more women in politics. A man can't run a house, what makes you think that he can run a country?
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would vote for a woman IF she had the correct qualifications as they pertain to me and my views/values. I would never just blindly vote a woman in.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Of course I'd vote for a qualified female candidate whose position on the issues reflected mine. Genitalia has nothing to do with qualification.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Absolutelty - if it's the right woman. I don't believe in voting for a woman simply because of gender. For me it's all about issues and qualifications.
    r2momma

Answer by r2momma at 2:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would vote for a woman if I agreed with her on the issues. I wouldn't vote for a woman just because she's a woman though. I think we're ready for a woman president.
    annabethsmommy

Answer by annabethsmommy at 2:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008