Why do people ask questions and then get 2- 3 answers and close the questions?

What's the bother of writing a question then you get 2 -3 answers then all of a sudden the question is closed. Especially after it was a looooong story we take the time to read and find out it's closed. Or am I missing something and there is a way to find out it's closed before reading it all?? *sigh*

doodlebug814

Asked by doodlebug814 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree,frustrating. I've wrote out a great response,hit answer,and its deleted!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• maybe they got their answer and its was a done deal. no sense in keeping it open.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I KNOOOOW!!!!! lol thats happened to me alot lately!! i dont get it!! i leave my questions for at least 2-3 days!! sooo frustrating!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I've encountered them and it is closed within a minute of being asked, frustrating when I've taken the time to type out an answer.

Answer by Bmat at 7:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

Answer by dullscissors a minute ago
    Credits: 8307 Level 20

Yes true but still its frustrating
    doodlebug814

Comment by doodlebug814 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I've often thought that as well. Unless it's something where it's a plain out Yes or No like "Does supper Nanny come on tonight?" Where one simply answer will work... Beyond that why would you not wait at least til you get a full page of answers...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• meh - it's not about me... i just assume that people either found what they were looking for or did not want anymore responses for another reason - but really i don't think about it... again, it's not about me...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I close things as soon as I get an answer, or at least an answers I 'like'. There really is no reason for me to keep it open if I have what I'm looking for.....
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010