boys & blazers

Soooo like a lot of you I just looked through the Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and others fall sneak peaks of back to school clothes. I see that blazers are apparently "IN" and I am really confused. It appears they're pretty much everywhere from Old Navy (9.99) to Macys ($50+) and I am really puzzled. Do u treat it like a sweater? It seems so weird to me. If/when your son gets warm they take it off and put it on the back of their chair? My son has ever only worn a blazer once (wedding) HELP! I am trend and fashion challanged

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in

• They are cute, but not realy practical, and funny thing is ds loves suits and he always wants me to get him one, lol I definatly dont see that trend hitting my area !!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Why get him a blazer if he has only worn one once? He may not even like them? To me unless it is required to wear I would not even bother with it. Of course that is also unless he wants to wear them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Ey, my ex would have killed me if I dressed a boy in one of those.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My son is 11 now and before I could not get him to wear a suit let a lone just a blazer. As he has gotten older he wants to dress like my dad or his uncles and they do wear blazers. He's going into the 6th grade and they have to wear uniform starting this year. I have seen the blazers at old navy and they are cute. He's old enough I think to say whether or not he wants to wear them and he does. Blazers are cute if worn with the right thing.... Im not sure how old your son is but ask him and see what he says. Just because they are young doesnt mean that they dont have an opinion.
    semajsmom98

Answer by semajsmom98 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i think if its something your kiddo wants, then sure go for it... but if its something YOU want them to wear, chances are since they can take it off... it will come off when they hit the first place you can't see! ha!

asil

Answer by asil at 7:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2010