Single and dating

When is it okay to let your toddler meet who you are dating?

DonnaPinitonya

Asked by DonnaPinitonya at 8:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I think I waited about 4 or 5 weeks before I let my SO meet my kids. I think as long as you feel confident that they understand that you guys are a package deal and you aren't just a fling, it's okay.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• In my personal opinion when you really know the person and if you guys serious. You don't want to bring people in and out of their life, it will confuse him. Like my SS his mom is a whore and he calls ever guy daddy, we are trying for full custody so he can be in a more stable environment because of here.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yeah, my ex did a number on my girl so I joke that no one will meet her till the wedding day! lol
    He went from planning a wedding to a phone break up and we haven't seen each other since, not her DNA but he was here real early on after her birth and around for a long time. Oh well.
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think it's a bad idea.
    I think you ahould wait until you know for sure that it is going somewhere.
    It's a shame, I've seen a little girl get attached to too many of her mothers boyfriends.
    It's just not right for the kids.
    And if me and my husband ever got divorced there would be no women with him around my kids unless they were talking marriage.
    And even then I'd have to like her.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• "And if me and my husband ever got divorced there would be no women with him around my kids unless they were talking marriage"

unfortunatly sweetie, you can't just decide that. If he's the childrens dad, he can bring women around if he wants. You don't get a say.....as for the question, only you can know that. If you are getting serious and feel like he needs to meet your child before you will know if the relationship can go further, than its time. If its a new relationship, wait until you get the feeling. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• If you know pretty much without a doubt that this guy is going to be around for a time, I think its ok to let your toddler meet him
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i think he also has to be willing to meet your LO. IMO, he should be more interested in what your LO did today than what you did today.
    mommypeezee

Answer by mommypeezee at 2:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I should let you ladies know he has a son. We did a play date and it was fun. He said he liked how I am with kids and it was a nice, stress free time. He'll be around but I will never let my DD see a kiss or hug, it's high fives and hand shakes in front of the LO's for now. : )
    DonnaPinitonya

Comment by DonnaPinitonya (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010