My daughter is almost 2 and she isnt interested in the potty....help!!!

What is the best time and way to start and not make it look like a punishment ?

laanette_19_88

Asked by laanette_19_88 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They'll be ready in their own time. My daughter is almost 3 and hates going to the potty. has a break down anytime I try to put her on it. So I'm waiting till she's ready and shows more interest. I've tried everything to get her interested but nothing has worked.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Wait til she's ready for sure. The more you push, the more she'll fight it Just keep talking about it, offering it, but if she doesn't show interest, then she's just not ready. My ds was almost 4 when he finally decided to catch on. At his 3rd yr appt, Dr said some kids just aren't ready until later. My dd was trained by 2 yrs 3 months. All kids are different!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If potty training isn't going well, then I'm a fan of hanging it for a month or two, and then trying again.

Some kids like picking out their own potty and undies to help create interest.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Look at toilet training readiness online. Google it and you'll see lots of resources. As stated before all kids are different and it should be a non stressful process. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I got mine strd at 16 months I went frm pull ups 2 regular undies...she will get annoyed gettin dirty n might start potty training..make sure u have her personal potty 1 she might b interested in
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Some kids take longer the others, if she isnt interested dont push it. Most arnt until 21/2 or so.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We took the approach of waiting till he showed interest. He came to us at 3 years 2 months and told us specifially, " I want to use big potty" 2 Weeks later he was fully trained. Day and night.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• She's still young, I wouldn't be too worried about rushing it just yet. You could always take her to the store to pick out pretty big girl panties and keep them in one of her drawers and show them to her once in a while and see if it piques her interest.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If she is almost 2, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. All three of mine started showing interest around 2 1/2, and from there it was very easy to potty train them. I suggest just waiting it out until she is ready, otherwise it is not going to be fun or easy.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010