It's been almost 4 weeks since divorce and still haven't gotten spousal support or child support..is this normal?

I asked ex and he said the money was suppose to be taken from his paycheck but he hasn't gotten info/forms from the court yet??? Does this sound right? I re read the divorce papers and it doesn't say how it's to be paid. Didn't get a chance to call my lawyer, going to do that on mon.

momofne

Asked by momofne at 8:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would HOPE it'd all be outlined in the ppwk! dates, amounts, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• He needs to be court ordered to have it garnished. The CSS will send a letter to his work and they will take care of it. Was it in the court order? If not, you may have to go to court and have it put in. I would start with your lawyer, he should have a copy of the court papers. If it's not ordered to be garnished, he should be sending a check to you or child support services, which will sen one to you.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You can call child support office and let them know where he works.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• call child support services and ask for a district attorney. they will help you get your child support money.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2010