Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

It's been almost 4 weeks since divorce and still haven't gotten spousal support or child this normal?

I asked ex and he said the money was suppose to be taken from his paycheck but he hasn't gotten info/forms from the court yet??? Does this sound right? I re read the divorce papers and it doesn't say how it's to be paid. Didn't get a chance to call my lawyer, going to do that on mon.

Answer Question

Asked by momofne at 8:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,471 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I would HOPE it'd all be outlined in the ppwk! dates, amounts, etc

    Answer by hibbingmom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • He needs to be court ordered to have it garnished. The CSS will send a letter to his work and they will take care of it. Was it in the court order? If not, you may have to go to court and have it put in. I would start with your lawyer, he should have a copy of the court papers. If it's not ordered to be garnished, he should be sending a check to you or child support services, which will sen one to you.

    Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • You can call child support office and let them know where he works.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 3:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

  • call child support services and ask for a district attorney. they will help you get your child support money.

    Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.