what kind of craft can I make with spare baby socks?

I received a bunch of clothes from a friend and there's quite a few socks that do not have matches. I was wondering what kind of crafts I could make out of them? They are super cute.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 8:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• cat toys. Fill with cat nip and tie off

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Mini sock monkeys! They are so cute made with baby socks.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you count this as a craft: I bought a shadow box at Michaels and put some VERY random spare baby things in it... mis matched teeny socks, a diaper, a nuk, a bib, and some pieces of fabric of clothes I loved from their baby-hood that weren't in saving condition due to stains
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• omg I never thought about mini sock monkeys!!! I could even use them as decorations lol. great ideas
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have an adorable chain purse made out of baby sock.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You can make a snowman using an empty water bottle, stuff it with cotton balls, use a small styrofoam ball for the head, glue on felt shapes for the eyes, nose, mouth, scarf, use pipe cleaners for the arms, and the baby sock is the winter hat on top of the styrofoam ball :) DS made one in Pre-K :)

http://www.craftelf.com/Craft_elf_holiday_Christmas_Bottle_Belly_Snowman.htm

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I made little Easter bunnies out of my kids baby socks. Go to family fun web site their are directions on how to do it.
    JMAngel99

Answer by JMAngel99 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yea i did that craft for easter the bunnies were so cuute..i love that website familyfun.com
    hustlemomma

Answer by hustlemomma at 2:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I also found a pattern for a sock octopus in a magazine once that was adorable! can't remember where I saw it but I bet you could google it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You can make a corsage out of them... or even just roses for a vase.

http://www.for-baby-showers.com/baby-sock-corsage.html
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 6:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2010