What would you do?

Just saw this commercial for 20/20 asking what you would do if you saw a mother making her daughter shoplift. Would you let her have it, or would you let her walk out with the stuff?

I'd let her have it!!! lol

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 8:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• IDK. I think I would let her have it. I hope I would.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would definitely say something... I would feel obligated!
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 8:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I actually know a woman that has taught her kids to do this kind of thing... She had them trained on how to get free stuff and how to act needy so that they could get away with things. I find it horrid! And I've told her that. But for the sake of the child, I don't think I could try to make an example of the parent while in public either... I would most likely pull her aside and say something or simply say something to the people who work there instead... But I would feel horrid if the child ended up being punished or forced in to a really bad off putting situation just because their mom is stupid!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything to her, I'd be too afraid of pissing the crazy lady off and getting my ass kicked! I would tell an employee or security.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It depends on if my kids were with me or not...if they were not with me, I would probably say something to her. If they were with me, I would find a store employee or manager and let them know what was going on.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010