Back to School Budget?

Do you have a "back to school" budget? Do you spend a certain amount on each child when it comes to school supplies and school clothes?

itsjaimiehere

Asked by itsjaimiehere at 9:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in

• I have 1 kid at home now and as she gets older, school gets more expensive. I try to shop the sales but do have a budget. My daughter gets around $300 for clothes and the school supplies are necessary and dont' have a limit, just try to get everything she needs. Just remember that kids have yearbooks, pictures, sports cards (ASB) and decor for the locker expenses too! I start saving at the start of summer and find that I use all of the savings by the time all is said and done. Good luck and remember, these times will not be there forever and you should enjoy it before they grow up and move out!
    katholley

Answer by katholley at 9:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I dont, I usually just spend about the same on my 2 school ages, kids, but my daughter usually gets a bit more because, they hae such cute stuf for girls
    tishmomof2

Answer by tishmomof2 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We only have the 1 kid. I buy on sale and on clearance only. I'm crafty at finding what he needs at good prices.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My son that is in 5th grade we will spend around $150 for clothes and supplies. My son who is entering head start, we will spend around $50 for supplies and a few new clothes.
    Stormy6669

Answer by Stormy6669 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am going to have to buy the granddaughter's stuff again this year. I'd say, for clothing included, about $150.00
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• for her bookbag, school supplies i seperate $50 for clothes and shoes i try to keep it under $150
    hustlemomma

Answer by hustlemomma at 3:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

Next question in
Back to school hair cuts?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
can i be