halloween birthday party

my daughters bday is around halloween and she said that she would like to have a halloween birthday party...you know where all the kids dress up and have halloween food and games....Im searching for halloween food and most of it is just dessert...thats not bad because Im using some of the ideas that I found but I cant find anything that looks good for regular food. The one thing that I found was finger sandwiches that are shaped like halloween things...anyone have any ideas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Deviled Eyeballs

Try this devilish recipe it's sure to be a hit with all the witches and goblins at your Halloween party!
    Ingredients:
    Carton of eggs
    Stuffed Olives (your preference)
    Mayonnaise
    Green food coloring (or preferred)
    Directions:
    Boil eggs then let stand or place under cool water. Gently crack the egg and peel off shell. Cut each egg in halves and scoop out the yolks into a mixing bowl then add desired food coloring and enough mayonnaise to make it sticky and mix. Fill the eggs back in with the mixed yolk. Take an olive and slice in half; Use the half sliced olives as the pupil

Answer by rkoloms at 11:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Mac O'Lantern (from my favorite recipe site, www.recipezaar.com)

*

1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
    * (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
    * 1 lb 93% lean ground beef, cooked, drained, and divided
    * 1 egg, lightly beaten
    * 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    * 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Remove and set aside 1/4 cup pizza sauce. Combine prepared macaroni, half the ground beef, remaining pizza sauce, garlic powder, egg, and basil. Spoon evenly into a 9 inch pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine remaining meat with the reserved pizza sauce. Use to create a jack-o'-lantern face on top of the casserole. Bake 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Spooky Eyeball Eggs

* 12 hard boiled eggs
    * 1 jar green pimento stuffed olives
    * red food coloring

Make your favorite deviled eggs recipe with the hard boiled eggs. Slice the olives in half short ways. Place one slice on each deviled egg yolk. Using a toothpick dipped in red food coloring, draw squiggles from the olive to the outer portion of the egg yolk filling.
    michiganmom116

• Mummy Dogs

1 pkg. hot dogs
    1 pkg. breadstick dough (or make your own)
    mustard
    Separate breadstick dough and roll into long 1/4 " thin sticks. Wrap each hotdog with a "stick" of dough, leaving an opening near one end of the hot dog. Bake according to package directions. When done, dot mustard in the opening for eyes. Serve with choice of condiments.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a whole cookbook of just halloween food!! If you want to pm me, I can send you the recipes...there is a lot!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Get mini pretzel sticks and mini marshmellows
    Stick a marshmellow to either side of the pretzel stick
    then melt white baking chocolate and dip them in
    You get BONES!
    They are really good too.
    My daughter's birthday is the day before Halloween.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do spaghetti..looks like brains!! I have another recipe for meatloaf and you section it off so it looks like a brain.
    JMAngel99

Answer by JMAngel99 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Kitty Litter Cake. Google it! It looks gross but it's soooooo good.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• hot dog mummy's, food colored spaghetti, you can also do a jello in a brain mold (these look really cool! ) also for a party at our church someone made poop logs!!!! made with ground beef and corn mixed then formed-SOOOOOO gross!!!! most wouldn't touch it but it was yummy! my DD's birthday is Oct. 11 so i think it is fun to have all that Halloween stuff at our disposal for the party!!! GL and have fun!!!!!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I didn't know about all of this stuff when I did my husbands b-day (his is Halloween day), I used Halloween cookies cutters and made peek a boo burgers and buns cut into the shape of ghost. Although I like the hot dog and spaghetti ideas as well.
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 9:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010